Christmas Arrangements – Junior School
Please find below some information concerning the Junior School activities during the last few weeks of term (there is a different letter for parents of pupils in the Lower School).
Thursday, 7 December
- This is the last day for all morning and after school clubs and activities (apart from Boys Choir which will rehearse on Tuesday, 12 December and Training Orchestra/Jazz Ensemble which will finish on Friday 8 December).
- After School Care Club and Breakfast Club will continue.
Friday, 8 December
- The Christmas Disco for children in Years 5 and 6 will take place in the School Hall (access via the gate for no. 47). The doors will be opened at 6.00pm and parents will be responsible for their children before that time. The Disco will finish at 7.30pm and parents should collect their children from the School Hall.
Wednesday 13 December – during the day
- There will be no Orchestra rehearsal.
- All Junior School pupils should be dropped off (no book bags) at the Salvation Army Church Hall (Palmerston Road, Boscombe, Bournemouth, BH1 4HT) at 8.45am (no earlier please) for the final rehearsal of their Christmas Production. The children will be taken to School by staff before lunch (rain jackets are required). Junior School pupils should arrive wearing what they normally wear to school on Wednesdays. Pupils in Years 4, 5 and 6 will be onsite for sports so will not require their sports rucksacks.
Wednesday 13 December – evening
- Pupils in Years 3, 4 and 6 should arrive at 6.40pm at the Salvation Army Church Hall for their Christmas Production starting at 7.00pm. Year 5 should arrive at 6.30pm dressed in their costumes.
- The children should take up their places on the stage whilst you are being seated. Please keep your child’s coat and jumper/cardigan with you.
- The performance will last approximately 1¼ hours. If you cannot be with us for the performance, please be ready to collect your child at 8.15pm.
- Please do not bring food or drinks into the Church Hall. Parking is rather limited in this area, but there is a car park at the Sovereign Centre and some road parking nearby. There will be no parking available to the rear of the Hall. The Hall offers plenty of seating and everybody who wishes to come along will be accommodated.
Thursday 14 December
- All year groups will be having their Christmas lunch celebration (children with packed lunch should bring it in as usual).
- Year 3 and Year 4 children should come to School dressed in party clothes for their Christmas parties after lunch. The first part of the day will be ‘normal’ and the children will be going out to play so they will need to wear sensible shoes and warm coats.
- This is the last day for After School Care Club.
- End of Term Reports will be given out at the end of the day.
Friday 15 December – Carol Service (Whole School)
- The Carol Service will take place at the Salvation Army Church Hall and will begin at 10.30am.
- Children who are in the Senior Orchestra and those who are reading should be dropped off at the Church Hall at 8.45am (no earlier please).
- For all other children, please could parents deliver them direct to the Hall between 9.55am and 10.10am (there will be no access to the Hall before 9.55am). Children must be sitting with their class by 10.15am at the latest. Children should wear their smartest uniform (but without hats, caps, jumpers or cardigans) and should not bring book bags. Please would parents look after their children’s coats during the service.
- Please inform the School Office by Monday 11 December if you want to book your child into Breakfast Club.
- The School Term ends immediately after the Carol Service. If you are not able to be with us during the service, your child will need to be picked up from the Salvation Army Church Hall after the Carol Service at 11.45am.
In order to safeguard children and in accordance with data protection regulations we kindly ask you to refrain from taking photos or videos of any children other than your own at these events. Please ensure that you do not publish any images to any form of social media. I look forward to welcoming you at the events which you are able to attend.