Friends of Park School
Friends of Park School (‘FOPS’) is an organisation which provides parents with the opportunity to share in the educational experience that the school offers their children, make an active contribution to the life of the school and meet other parents and families.
One of the purposes of FOPS is to organise social events for school parents and children. These may include Race Nights, Quiz Evenings and the Summer Ball for parents. Children in Need Day, the Disco and the school’s annual Summer Fair are for children.
Each year, FOPS raise funds which are divided between spending for our pupils and a chosen charity for the year (usually local).
FOPS is led by a Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson. Each class has a parent or two who act as FOPS Representatives who are involved in the following:-
– Arranging social events for their class, such as coffee mornings or evenings out.
– Acting as a point of contact for new parents and liaising with the class parents regarding school-wide social events and reminders from the school.
– Attending FOPS meetings (approximately three per school year) led by the FOPS Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson.
– Assisting the FOPS Chairperson and Deputy Chairperson with school-wide social events.
– Parents who would like to be volunteer helpers on class trips out of school should contact the School Office, and/or one of the class teacher.